This healthy laddu is a definite treat to your sweet tooth.
- Millet (Little millet/Barnyard millet/Kodo millet) – 1 cup
- Oil/Ghee – 4-5 tbsp
- Dry fruits (of your choice) – quantity as required
- Peanuts – 15-25 nos
- Cardamoms – 4 nos
- Dry Ginger – 1 piece
- Palm Jaggery/Jaggery Syrup – ½ cup
- Wash and soak the millet in water for five minutes. Drain the water and spread the millet on a clean cotton cloth for it to dry. Once dried, dry roast them on a low flame until nice aroma comes and its colour is slightly changed.
- Dry roast peanuts dry fruits and grind them into powder (optional to add 2-3 dates to enhance sweetness)
- Meanwhile, heat the jaggery/palm jaggery in a pan along with ¼ quantity of water. Let the jaggery melt. Strain the melted jaggery to get rid of the sand and impurities. Set aside
- In a bowl, add the millet powder, dry fruit mix, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder, hot ghee and mix well with hand. To this, add jaggery syrup little by little and mix until the mixture becomes a soft dough, enough to hold and make balls. Make small laddu’s and store them in an airtight container.
Shop here for Ingredients